Phase One has announced the XT Camera System, opening new frontiers of quality for landscape photography. Designed for convenience and engineered for precision, the XT packs a full-frame medium format camera of the highest quality into a travel-friendly design. By pairing the power and performance of Phase One’s IQ4 Infinity Platform with Rodenstock’s renowned optics, the XT is the most compact digitally integrated field camera to date.
The XT Camera System perfectly marries extraordinary image quality and extraordinary photographic technology. It’s versatile, flexible, and remarkably intuitive to use. With components that communicate digitally with each other and the system’s compact size, the XT is crafted for effortless capture, so the photographer can focus on capturing the moment, not on camera settings.
The XT Camera System is the first field camera to feature full digital integration. Comprised of an IQ4 Digital Back, an XT Camera Body, and an XT – Rodenstock HR lens with the exclusive X-Shutter technology, the XT requires no additional cables or accessories, and enables an effortless capture workflow.
“I love the XT. The combination of the Phase One IQ4, a compact camera body, and an incredible lens is just what I need. I can easily fit the camera with two lenses in my small shoulder bag, and still barely feel like I am carrying anything.” - Reuben Wu, fine art landscape photographer
Phase One’s ability to embrace heritage while not weighed down by it makes the blend of sensible Danish design, advanced technology integration, and precision mechanics the natural foundation for this next step in landscape photography. The system will evolve over time with the release of additional lenses, expanding Infinity Platform features, dedicated accessories, and discipline-focused workflows.
The benefits of an integrated system expand beyond the XT camera itself. The entire system works in harmony throughout the entire workflow, from capture to end result. The first of its kind, the XT Camera System integrates recorded metadata directly into the Capture One software, allowing for efficient and detailed post-processing improvements.
“The XT Camera System is designed to elevate both your creativity and image quality by providing the best possible components, in the smallest possible package with intuitive controls, all of which allows you to focus on the moment.” - Drew Altdoerffer, Product Manager at Phase One
You seek the extraordinary in everything you do – why would you settle for anything less when it comes to your photography?
Passion and experience
With the Phase One XT, you can experience your passion for photography on a whole new level. You can take your time, live in the moment, and enjoy capturing the beauty of the breath taking landscape you’re facing.
Designed for convenience, engineered for precision. The XT emphasizes streamlined integration and functionality, centred around an intuitive touchscreen interface. You get total control over the shooting process, with absolute freedom to focus on your creative process.
When you travel to a once-in-a-lifetime destination, you expect the quality of your images to last you just as long. The XT delivers the highest quality, dynamic range and richness of colour, so you can fully realize your creative vision. There is nothing more impressive than the quality and detail of a Phase One image.
Designed in Denmark by the company who continually pioneers digital image quality, the Phase One XT puts in your hands photographic technology that’s in a class of its own. With a priority on intuitive integration and feature growth, the XT Camera System embodies unparalleled system control and visionary capture tools.
Unparalleled image quality
The breath-taking quality of the images from an XT Camera System are sure to impress and inspire others. Phase One sets the standard for image quality in medium format, so that your photography will stand out.
Crafted for you
The XT Camera System is beautifully designed and handcrafted with an uncompromising simplicity and precision. The exclusive, high-quality finishes of each system are given individual care, resulting in a camera that is desired as much for its beauty as for its image quality.
The XT Camera System emphasizes a modular and travel-friendly design that fits easily into your lifestyle. The form and aesthetic underline the system’s priorities as a new breed of camera, masterfully designed for convenience without sacrificing quality.
Turning a new page in the history of the field camera, the XT delivers full digital integration and intuitive, easy-to-master operation. We gave meticulous attention to fine details and usability features, elevating your shooting experience.
Expanding camera system
The XT Camera System is designed to expand and evolve. With the brains of the IQ4 Infinity Platform and the heart of the X-Shutter, the integration and features of the XT supports limitless potential for even simpler use. The XT is a camera system that is extraordinary now and is poised to get even better with age.
Components - Technology in a class of its own
The XT Camera System integrates components of the highest quality:
- The Phase One IQ4 150MP, IQ4 150MP Achromatic, or IQ4 100MP Trichromatic, built on the Infinity Platform -- designed to innovate and support evolving technology.
- The XT Camera Body built exclusively for the Phase One IQ4. It features intuitive ergonomics and straightforward controls, including the dual action shutter button that is designed to support future expansion and customization.
- Three lenses manufactured by Phase One’s strategic partner Rodenstock. All lenses are fitted with Phase One’s new, digitally integrated, X-Shutter --an intelligently controlled electromagnetic shutter --born from Phase One’s industrial applications experience:
- The XT – Rodenstock HR Digaron-S 23mm f/5.6 is the highest quality super wide lens available.
- The XT – Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 32mm f/4 is an exceptional quality wideangle lens with a large image circle and almost no distortion.
- The XT – Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 70mm f/5.6 is a normal focal length lens with impeccable image quality and a large image circle.
- The XT Camera System takes full advantage of Rodenstock lenses with 24mm of shift on both the X and Y axis. The shift movement allows the photographer to correct perspective distortion. It can also be used to create panoramic/stitched images at tremendous scale/resolution. The XT Camera Body intelligently integrates the shift position in the image file for later reference.