Join Phase One and Cine Photo Tools in Cape Town for the Phase One Certified Professional Training Course (POCP) South Africa.
Where: Photo Hire Studios, 47 DeVilliers street, Zonnebloem, Cape Town
When: 19 – 20 November 2019 with a field day on the 21st
Cost: R6 700
In today’s tech-forward industry, the Digital Technician or Operator has become a key component in productions. As camera systems become more advanced, it is simply not enough to have a basic operational understanding. The need for specialised knowledge in these systems has become vital.
The POCP training course is an advanced seminar designed for digi-techs, assistants, photographers and those involved in production who wish for specialised skills training in Phase One equipment and Capture One workflow. The class is taught by Phase One Technical Support staff, all of which have years of on-set experience.
This complete course gives you the expertise and experience to get the most out of Phase One equipment and software on set. It will teach you to problem solve efficiently, and ensure smooth workflow from production to post. That is why at the end of the course, those who pass will be given the title of Phase One Certified Professional and are listed in the official Phase One database.
The knowledge gained from the course will help make you a better tech, a better assistant and a better photographer.
The POCP is a comprehensive and intensive training course that takes place over two days covering everything from efficient on-set workflow to troubleshooting to advanced software techniques. You will be required to take a written test at the end of the programme to earn your certification.
Training seminars will include a mixture of lecture and hands-on practice. You will have the opportunity to use the Phase One XF Camera System, Phase One’s new XT system, a multitude of Schneider lenses and several different digital backs.
You will get a chance to shoot on set and location, all under the guidance of pro Phase One photographer and Phase One experts. Our own dedicated staff at Cine Photo Tools will also be on hand to assist
Theoretical: Get a chance to sit down with the experts and get to the nitty-gritty of Phase One technology and workflow. This will be comprehensive; we suggest that you bring your laptop.
Practical: Learn from top landscape photographer Peter Marshall as he takes you through the creative process of using Phase One systems and workflow. You will be able to shoot with Phase One cameras in a variety of settings in studio and out in the field.
Some Topics Covered:
- Capture One: workflow, optimisation, troubleshooting and advanced tools.
- Tethering hardware and troubleshooting.
- Recommended setups, backup Procedures, maintenance.
- The Phase One XF camera system and lenses: technology, application, capabilities, troubleshooting.
- The Phase One XT camera system and lenses: technology, application, capabilities, troubleshooting.
- Phase One Digital Backs such as IQ4: technology, application, capabilities, troubleshooting.
- Third Party Cameras: usage with Phase One backs, Canon/Nikon tethering.
- Image quality optimisation and workflow efficiency.
The certification process consists of three steps:
- Qualification through on-line pre-course class (links provided upon registration.)
- Attending the official POCP training course (2 days.)
- Passing the certification exam (written test.)
COURSE FEE INCLUDES
- A full license of Capture One Pro and a special Troubleshooting Guide.
- Get listed on Phase One's website as a “Phase One Certified Professional”.
- Shooting time on the XF Camera.
- Shooting time on Phase One Digital Backs.
- Shooting time on the new XT Camera.
- Access to the Phase One Pre-Course.
- Access to Phase One Technical staff.
- Special private forum access on Phase One forum.
- Beverages, snacks & lunch (both days.)
WHY BECOME A PHASE ONE CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL?
- If you’re looking for work in the photography industry, POCP certificate will put you a cut above the rest. For many pro photographers and studios Capture One is the main tool and they will be looking to hire those who are proficient in Capture One. Having an official certification from Phase One itself is a game-changer.
- If you are looking to advance your photography skills, POCP offers much more than any online courses or tutorials, as you are learning directly from Phase One technicians and pro photographers using these systems.
- At POCP you get hands-on experience with top of the range Phase One medium format cameras and digital backs such as the XF IQ4 and the recently launched XT system. What better way to learn about these incredible cameras than to get shooting with them yourself?
- POCP offers a great chance to meet and become acquainted with folks from Phase One as well as to ask them questions on Capture One and Phase One gear. It is a great networking opportunity.