- Canon EF mount lens to Blackmagic Design cameras with M43 mount, specific for BMPCC4K.
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 1/3 stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.80).
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.64x wider.
- Patented 7-element/4-group optical design by Caldwell Photographic in the USA.
- Lens iris/aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lens models.
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support.
- Push autofocus if supported by camera.
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source required.
- Patented positive-lock EF lens mount.
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca-type ball head, such as Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam or attach to quick release plate by a 1/4" 20 screw.
- The tripod foot is tailor-made to match the exact height as the BMPCC4K camera body.
- Flocking to reduce internal reflection.
- Rubber gasket protects M43 mount connection from dust and moisture.
- Aluminium alloy and brass construction with chromium plating.
- Satin surface finish.
This BMPCC4K Speed Booster® ULTRA 0.71x and XL 0.64x are similar to the standard M43 Speed Booster adapters (MB_SPEF-m43-BT5 and MB_SPEF-m43-BT6) but the optics have been re-designed to optimize for the filter stack thickness of 2.4mm found in Blackmagic cameras rather than the 4mm of a standard Micro Four Thirds.
In addition to optimized optical design, the CINE version is equipped with an extremely robust cine-style positive locking mechanism to ensure that no play occurs during focusing. This is especially important when using EF lenses for cine work because even though they provide a very smooth focus movement.
Metabones Canon EF to BMPCC4K Speed Booster adapters are designed exclusively for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (BMPCC4K). They cannot be attached to any other M43 cameras such as JVC, Olympus or Panasonic cameras.
This BMPCC4K Speed Booster XL 0.64x reduces the crop factor of the BMPCC 4K camera from 2.02x to 1.29x and produces the largest aperture optics currently available, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.8.
1. This Speed Booster is designed to cover a BMPCC4K image circle which is not big enough to cover a full-size 36mm x 24mm sensor.
2. For use with fast lenses (faster than f/1.4), the pre-boost apertures will be displayed in the camera.
Slow lenses will report boosted apertures to the camera body, but fast lenses will report pre-boost apertures. We won't show f/0.8 with a f/1.2 lens attached but show f/1.2 instead.
a) EF 85/1.2L attached, camera display = f/1.2, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster combined) = f/0.77.
b) EF 35/2 attached, camera display = f/1.3, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster combined) = f/1.3.
3. External 5V power via micro USB port may be required (not included).
4. A third party zoom lens may need to be registered with the Speed Booster/Smart Adapter first in order to detect its maximum aperture.
5. Some improperly made M42 screw mount adapters may short the electronic contacts of the Speed Booster and cause damage to the Speed Booster and/or camera body.
6. Many manual focus lenses (e.g. OM 28/2.8, OM 50/1.8, Leica R 15/3.5) have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed BoosterTM They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed Booster. Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions on Speed BoosterTM are not covered by warranty.
List of manual focus lenses which REQUIRE MODIFICATION to be used on Speed Booster®
Many manual focus lenses have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed Booster® They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed Booster® Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions or by poor quality adapters are not covered by warranty. The following is an incomplete list of lenses known to be incompatible.
Elmarit R 28/2.8
Elmarit R 35/2.8
Summicron R 50/2
Every Pentax K-mount lens has a protruding fin and an aperture lever. It does NOT fit.
Canon EF to BMPCC4K T CINE Speed Booster® XL 0.64x
Black Satin and Satin Chrome exterior; Black Matte interior
H 90.3mm x W 86.0mm x D 31.2mm
BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera HD (original ver.)
BlackMagic Micro Cinema Camera
BlackMagic Micro Studio Camera 4K
BlackMagic Studio Camera 4K
BlackMagic Studio Camera
Canon EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
Canon EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM (I)
Canon EF100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro*
Canon EF135mm f/2L USM
Canon EF16-35mm f/2.8L II USM*
Canon EF17-35mm f/2.8L USM
Canon EF17-40mm f/4L USM
Canon EF200mm f/2.8L II USM
Canon EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM (I)
Canon EF24-70mm f/2.8L II USM*
Canon EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
Canon EF28-70mm f/3.5-4.5 II
Canon EF28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 III USM
Canon EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM*
Canon EF300mm f/4L IS USM
Canon EF400mm f/5.6L USM
Canon EF40mm f/2.8 STM*
Canon EF50mm f/1.2L USM
Canon EF50mm f/1.4 USM
Canon EF50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF50mm f/1.8 STM*
Canon EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM*
Canon EF70-200mm f/4L IS II USM*
Canon EF70-200mm f/4L USM
Canon EF70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM
Canon EF8-15mm f/4L USM Fisheye*
Canon EF85mm f/1.2L II USM
Sigma 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art 017*
Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG HSM Art 013
Sigma 24-35mm f/2 DG HSM Art 015
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM Art 013
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art 012*
Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM (not Art)
Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 VC HLD B023
Tamron 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 A18
Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 B003
Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 VC USD A007 (G1)
Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 A06
Tamron 35-150mm f/2.8-4 VC OSD A043
Tamron 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD A009
Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X PRO (I)
Zeiss 18mm f/3.5 ZE
Canon EF-Extender (Teleconverter)
* = Smooth iris support
Tamron 70-300mm F/4-5.6 VC USD A005
No Lens OIS/VC Support
Tamron SP 15-30/2.8 VC USD A012
Tamron 45mm F/1.8 VC USD F013
Tamron 150-600mm F/5-6.3 VC USD A011
No AF Support
Tamron SP 17-50mm F/2.8VC B005
Tamron 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 VC A20
Tokina Opera 50mm F/1.4
Sigma18-125mm F/3.5-5.6DC OS HSM
Canon EF100-400mm F/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
No Iris Support without External Power Supply
Canon EF24-70mm F/2.8L USM (I)
Canon EF100mm F/2.8 USM Macro (non-L)
Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 VC PZD B008
Standard M43 camera. When this Speed Booster® is used with other MFT camera, it may cause damage to the camera.
APS-C(DX) lens. Speed Booster XL 0.64x can be used with full-frame lenses only. APS-C lenses are unable to cover full-sensor-width readout.
EF-S lens. EF-S lenses require modification to fit or may remain incompatible even after modification.
Lens correction such as peripheral shading, CA and distortion
Focus confirmation "chip" (e.g. Dandelion)
M42 screw mount adapters (see note 5)
Stacking non-Metabones/non-Conurus mount adapters on top (see note 5 and list of lenses which require modification below.)
1x Metabones Canon EF to BMPCC4K T CINE Speed Booster® XL 0.64x
1x Front Cap
1x Rear Cap
1x Tripod Foot Key
1x Limited One-Year Warranty